Smoky Glazed Chili Wings
A smoky, sweet, & spicy sauce, perfect for amazing crispy chicken wings. Make your wings as mild or as spicy as you like!
Servings: 4 people
- 1.5 tbsp Corn Starch
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup White Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Sherry
- 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tbsp Nomad Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 1 tbsp Select a Nomad Chili Powder (for heat from mild to kaboom!) Nomad Guajillo, New Mexico Hatch, Habanero, Birds Eye, or Wiri Wiri Chili Powders
Cook Chicken Wings
- Pre-heat oven to 425°
- Toss wings in a bowl with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes until wings are crispy (flip the wings half way through baking).
- * For fried wings, make your sauce first, then fry your wings.
- In a small bowl, dissolve corn starch in 1/4 cup of water and set aside.
- In a small pot, bring vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sherry, minced garlic, and choice of chili powder to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until reduced by one-third.
- Stir in corn starch slurry.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes until sauce reaches a sticky consistency.
- Use sauce to glaze 2 to 3 lbs. of cooked chicken wings.
- ** Go ahead – add some honey for another layer of deliciousness!