Bring a taste of the wide-open range to the table with our cowboy-inspired Coffee Chile Pepper Rub, which blends the flavors of robust espresso and smoky, spicy chiles with brown sugar and other spices.
Coffee Chili Pepper Rubbed Rib Eye Steak
- 4 Bone-In Rib Eye Steaks 2" thick
- 4 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Nomad Coffee Chili Pepper Rub
- An hour before cooking, remove steaks from refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
- When ready to cook, rub each side of steak with 1 tablespoon Coffee Chile Pepper Rub.
- Heat heavy-bottomed skillet, such as cast iron, over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil, and when just starting to smoke, add 2 steaks to pan. Cook until well-seared on each side and cooked to desired internal temperature, about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer cooked steaks to cutting board. Wipe out pan, return to heat and repeat process with remaining steaks and 2 tablespoons oil, letting steaks rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.