Advieh, sometimes spelled “adwiya,” is a blended, highly aromatic seasoning used extensively in traditional Persian cooking. Advieh (which comes from the Farsi word meaning “spice mixture”) has a robust, spicy scent that is richly fragrant with floral notes.
Advieh is a key component of signature Persian dishes including traditional khoresh (or “stew”) recipes and rice pilafs. Advieh is as necessary to authentic Persian cooking as curry powders is to Indian cuisine. But the specific blend of ingredients used to make Advieh varies as much as curry powder does from region to region and even family to family. Some blends of Advieh (called “Advieh-e khoresh”) are designed specifically for stews, while others (“Advieh-e polo”) are designed for seasoning rice.
Our Advieh is custom blended and we’ve intentionally made it as versatile as possible. It is immersed with aromatic nutmeg, cardamom and cinnamon, among other spices, but what really sets it apart from better-known Middle Eastern seasonings is the inclusion of fragrant rose petals.
It gives an unexpected, unique flavor to roasted meats, poultry and seafood and is delicious even just sprinkled over hot cooked rice.
- Classic uses include using to season stews, rubbed on lamb before roasting over charcoal and sprinkling over rice toward the end of steaming to heighten its aromas
- Add a floral note to your baking with a sprinkling of Advieh over sugar cookies
- Season root vegetables before roasting
- Delicious sprinkled over basmati or jasmine rice, or use to season couscous
- Apply as a dry rub to meats before grilling
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags