Nomad Spice Co. Whole Cloves are selectively hand-picked and dried to preserve their premium flavor. Cloves can be used in spice mixtures as they marry well with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
Cloves are also used in the famous Chinese Five Spice Blend, pickling brines and even for flavoring your juicy holiday ham.
Cloves are the unopened flower bud of an evergreen tree, boasting pungent, woody, sweet and almost peppery flavor that pairs well alongside sweet and savory cuisine.
Cloves are now used in nearly all world cuisines. While Asian, African, and Middle Eastern countries use cloves in savory foods, European and American cuisine often use them in breads and sweets.
Like other spices, cloves are available throughout the year. They are renowned for providing their uniquely warm, sweet and aromatic taste to gingerbread and pumpkin pie, but they can also make a wonderful addition to split pea and bean soups, baked beans and chili.
Reddish to dark brown
Hot and bitter flavor, numbing sensation
- Add to mulled wine, hot cider or spiced tea
- Grind and add to desserts, bread pudding, spice cake, pumpkin pie, stewed cranberries and fruit dishes
- Insert multiple cloves into onion and use to infuse flavors into stocks
- Add clove powder, walnuts and raisins to your favorite Thanksgiving stuffing recipe.
- Pierce an onion with whole cloves and add to soups, broths or poaching liquids.
- Adding ground cloves and curry powder to healthy sautéed onions, garlic and tofu will give this dish an Indian-inspired zest.
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags