Our Organic Ground Cinnamon, also known as organic Korintje Cinnamon, has the truest of cinnamon flavors, with a warm, spicy and sweet flavor profile.
Ground Korintje Cinnamon, also known as Indonesian cinnamon, is one of several plants in the genus Cinnamomum whose bark is sold as the spice cinnamon. Our Korintje Cinnamon has a spicy and unique flavor, sweet aroma, and warm heat which comes from an essential oil in the bark called cinnamaldehyde. Ground into a fine powder for convenience, this classic spice is a kitchen staple.
Among the most popular cinnamon varieties as it is more mellow and considered much sweeter than other cinnamon varieties. It is the most familiar cinnamon to American palates.
- Light to dark tan with reddish undertones
- Approximately 1/2 to 1 inch small chips
- Pungent, warm and sweet
- Certified organic to the specifications of the USDA National Organic Program
- Can be easily added to game meat, vegetables, stews, or curries.
- Simmer in soymilk and honey for a delicious warming beverage
- Sauté with lamb, eggplant and raisins for Middle Eastern flavor
- Add to mulled wine or spiced ciders
- Use in sweets such as cookies, cakes, puddings, or stewed fruits
- Use as a key ingredient in Chinese Five Spice Powder and Garam Masala.
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags