Among the most popular cinnamon varieties as it is more mellow and considered much sweeter than other cinnamon varieties, Korintje Cinnamon is the most recognizable cinnamon variety used in America. Korintje Cinnamon is the sweetest and most mild of the cinnamons and is the most common in America.
Our Organic Korintje Cinnamon has a spicy and flavor, sweet aroma, and warm heat which comes from an essential oil in the bark called cinnamaldehyde. Ground into a fine powder for convenience, this classic spice is a kitchen staple.
Organic Korintje cinnamon is used to bring sweet flavor to a variety of breads, cakes, cookies, ice cream, pastries, pies, and puddings. You’ll also find it in more savory dishes as well such as chutneys, stews, soups, and vegetables.
Our Organic Korintje Cinnamon is also a lovely accompaniment coffee, cocoa, warm cider, and tea.
- Light to dark tan with reddish undertones
- Pungent, warm and sweet
- Certified organic to the specifications of the USDA National Organic Program
- Can be easily added to game meat, vegetables, stews, or curries.
- Simmer in soymilk and honey for a delicious warming beverage
- Sauté with lamb, eggplant and raisins for Middle Eastern flavor
- Add to mulled wine or spiced ciders
- Use in sweets such as cookies, cakes, puddings, or stewed fruits
- Use as a key ingredient in Chinese Five Spice Powder and Garam Masala.
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags