Granulated Lemon Peel is a convenient way to add tart, tangy, citrusy flavor, and aroma to any recipe.
Granulated Lemon Peel is the flavorful dried zest of the tart citrus fruit, naturally preserved for easy storage and use in the kitchen. Lemon zest is often added to recipes to accentuate other flavors, its acidic and floral essence providing contrast with rich and/or sweet ingredients.
Lemons are the sour, tart-flavored fruit of the Citrus limon evergreen tree, thought to be native to East Asia. Beginning in the Far East and spreading westward throughout ancient times, lemons reached Europe via Italy around the first century AD. Like many other fruits, lemons were brought to the Americas by Spanish explorers in the 16th century. Since they need very warm climates to survive, lemons have been grown successfully in the tropical climate of Florida since the 16th century. Today, Florida and Arizona produce 95% of lemons grown in the United States.
The tart, tangy taste of lemon helps to flavor a wide variety of food and beverages. Lemon juice is a popular component in marinades for meat and fish, and lemon zest is often used as a flavoring component in baked goods.
- Zesty lemon flavor
- Yellow to tan color
- Variously sized small granules (#30 sieve)
- Use in marinades or rubs for a bright, citrus flavor
- Whisk into vinaigrettes or creamy dressings
- Sprinkle onto rice or fish to brighten flavor
- Include in baking for tartness and brightness
- Add to sugar and use for cooking meat or fish stew
- Mix with cheese to add fresh citrus flavor and aroma.
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients
Packed in 2 oz Resealable Natural Kraft Bags