Long pepper, sometimes called Indian Long Pepper, is a variety of peppercorn that grows in long spikes and has a hotter and more complex flavor than standard black pepper, with undertones of nutmeg, cardamom, allspice and pine.
Our Long Pepper possesses black pepper’s heat and musk, but in a less harsh, more nuanced way. Its finish lingers on the tongue with a mild coolness; where black pepper stings, long pepper calms.
Unlike its simple cousin, Nomad Spice Co. Long Pepper offers eaters a flavor profile that’s more like a spice blend than a single origin plant. Long Pepper has the same peppery bite as regular pepper, but packs a bit more heat and has earthy undertones with a surprisingly sly sweetness. This includes nuances of ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and a sweet heat.
Spikes are brown to charcoal in color and range from 5/8 inch to 1-3/4 inches long
Originates from Southeast Asia
- Grind in a spice grinder or food processor prior to use
- Try toasting whole to mellow the flavor and then grind it, or grind raw for a bright peppery POP!
- Use Long Pepper to add heat and mild, musky sweetness to vegetables, meats, fish, poultry and more
- Use it to make lentil soup, spice up Dals, flavor roasted meats, enhance a barbecue sauce and to add a unique spice to lightly cooked vegetables.
- Marries well with beef, lamb and pork, as well as seafood such as shrimp
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags
There are no reviews yet.