Unleash these bold blends from some of the oldest cuisines in the world in your kitchen! Use them to spice up your North African, Lebanese, Moroccan, Persian, Egyptian, or Mediterranean spice recipes.
Each set contains Ethiopian Berbere, Ground Cumin, Dukkah – Nut Free, Harissa Blend, Ground Sumac, & Ground Turmeric.
This versatile collection of spices and seasonings are staples in Middle Eastern cooking. Add to meat dishes, rice, vegetables, and baked goods to bring home the flavors of the Fertile Crescent.
Berbere is the quintessential spice blend of Ethiopian cuisine. It’s earthy, slightly sweet and spicy flavor adds a rustic, bold flavor to traditional dishes and grilled meats.
Cumin is especially associated with Morocco, where it is often the fragrance of the abundant street cookery of the Medinas. Cumin is a crucial ingredient in several world cuisines from, boasting a peppery and slightly citrus flavor, warm aroma and earthy essence.
Dukkah (sometimes transliterated to “duqqa”) is a warm, fragrant blend of nuts, seeds and spices that is traditionally used as a condiment in many Middle Eastern cuisines. Our nut-free version uses crunchy flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds to achieve its signature crunch.
Harissa is a hot chile paste ubiquitous in North African cuisine and made from a variety of spicy chiles. Our blend is crafted from hand chosen chiles (including African Birdseye Chiles), finely ground and blended with other traditional spices to create our Harissa Spice Blend.
Sumac is simply the tangy, citrusy powder from the fruit of the sumac shrub, most often used in classic Middle Eastern seasonings. It is an essential ingredient in Arabic, Turkish, Iranian, and Moroccan foods, being preferred to lemon for sourness and astringency.
Tumeric provides a warm, aromatic flavor with a slightly bitter undertone. Turmeric was traditionally called “Indian saffron” because of its deep yellow-orange color.
- Berbere – use dry or mix with oil to form a paste. Traditionally it is used to season slow-cooked wats (stews) that may contain lentils, beans, and meat.
- Cumin – use to give a strong spiced flavor to stews, meats and bean dishes.
- Dukkah – yuou can use for truly anything! From creating a crispy coating on fish to dips, flatbread topping, and even seasoning for a fried egg.
- Harissa – use as a seasoning for tagines (stews) and couscous and as a spread. Harissa is also often used in harira and lentil soup. Almost any bland dish can be enhanced with this spicy and flavor-packed sauce or paste
- Sumac – use a great deal in Arabic cooking as a souring agent for meats, stews and dressings.
- Tumeric – used in Indian and Caribbean cooking, Tumeric can be used in smoothies, soups, stews, curries, vegetables, and even as a topper for hummus.
Packed in Resealable Natural Kraft Bags
Superior Quality & Simple Ingredients – All Natural, Non GMO, Kosher, Gluten Free