Quinoa Marshmallow Treats
Our quinoa crispy treats offer a healthier alternative to traditional rice crispy treats with 4 grams of protein and are Gluten Free!
- 1 Heavy Bottomed Skillet or Pan
- 1 Rubber Spatula
- 1 5 oz Nomad Puffed Quinoa
- 1 tsp. Nomad Vanilla Paste
- 1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Stick Butter, Unsalted
- 10 oz Mini Marshmallows divided
- 2 oz Chia Seeds as an inclusion
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter as an inclusion
- 10 oz oz Melting Chocolate Tabs for topping
- Grease a 9×13 Pan. Set aside.
- Set aside 1/2 of the marshmallows.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet or pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Whisk butter until it begins to foam.
- Add 1/2 of the marshmallows and cook on low stirring constantly until the marshmallows are melted. Do not brown…
- Remove from heat and add the Vanilla Paste and Kosher Salt.
- Add peanut Butter to mixture if desired
- Add Puffed Quinoa (and optional chia seeds) and gently fold a few times.
- Add remaining marshmallows and continue to stir until the quinoa is well coated.
- Pour/Scrape the mixture into the greased 9×13 pan press down with a rubber spatula or slightly wet hands.
- Top with optional chocolate coating if desired
- Cool for 20 minutes and cut into squares.