Vadouvan French Masala is a sophisticated French interpretation of Indian masala with distinctive French influence, combining classic curry spices of mustard seeds, fenugreek, cumin, coriander, cardamom and spicy chiles with savory garlic, onion, and shallot. We use this recipe for a quick and delicious standard in the Nomad Home….
Vadouvan Roasted Chicken with Tangarine & Onion
- 6 Chicken Thighs, Skin On
- 4 tbsp Nomad Vadouvan Curry Powder
- 2 Vidalia Onions Sliced
- 4 Tangerines (can substitute with oranges) Thin Sliced
- Nomad Himalayan Salt To taste
- Nomad Long Pepper, ground To taste
- 1 tbsp Flour
- Pre-Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Slice onions thin and place on the bottom of a baking pan. Reserve @ 1 cup.
- Sprinkle onions with salt, pepper, Vadouvan Curry, and a little flour and toss to coat.
- Coat the chicken with the same mixture going a little heavier on the curry.
- Place the chicken over the top of the onions in the baking pan. Sprinkle the chicken with the rest of the onions. Set aside.
- Slice the tangerines thin & COVER the chicken & onions with the tangerines, about 2 layers thick. Squeeze 1 whole tangerine juice over the chicken. Sprinkle with a bit more curry.
- Reduce heat in the oven to 375 degrees and bake COVERED for about 45 minutes.
- Take off cover and bake until crispy. Serve with Rice & Enjoy!