Wild Yaupon Tea
WHAT IS YAUPON? (And by the way, we pronounce it “yo- Pon”)
SIMPLY, THE ONLY CAFFEINATED PLANT NATIVE TO NORTH AMERICA!
Yaupon holly is an evergreen shrub native to the southeastern U.S., primarily between Florida and Texas.
It is the only naturally occurring caffeine producing plant in the U.S. Brewed for centuries by Native Americans,
this American treasure was forgotten. Left behind by the busyness of modernity. Until now!
Our Yaupon is wild harvested using regenerative agriculture practices in the Lone Star State of Texas.
Wild growing yaupon is pure and pristine, having grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides
or even irrigation. The yaupon is harvested while still on its branches and allowed to shade dry and oxidize for a few days.
Nomad Spice Co. sources yaupon tea of the highest quality. We look to true American
values of sustainable farming, wild foraging, and good stewardship of the land.
Nothing touches this yaupon but sunshine and rainwater; it’s free of pesticides, chemical fertilizers,
and synthetic weed control measures.
Preparing Yaupon Tea
Brewing Yaupon Tea is Easy!
Steep 1 teaspoon of tea leaves or 1 tea bag in 1 Cup of Hot Water for 4-6 minutes
Strain tea leaves or tea bag & re-steep!
Enjoy Hot or Cold
Yaupon Iced Tea
Since Iced Yaupon is better shared, these ratios are for a pitcher (approximately 1 gallon).
Add one large pouch or 2 tablespoons of Yaupon to hot water and let steep for 15-20 minutes. Strain loose leaf or remove pouch before putting in the fridge to cool. Add remaining water to make a full gallon.
Serve with lemon, fresh mint, or orange.
Wild Yaupon: The Beloved Plant
- YAUPON IS RICH IN POLYPHENOLS – there is a strong case for polyphenols in the prevention of degenerative diseases, particularly cardiovascular diseases and cancers.
- YAUPON HAS ANTIOXIDANTS – Another health-promoting component yaupon has in spades is saponins. These boost the immune system and decrease blood lipids, lower cancer risks, and lower blood glucose response.
- YAUPON’S ANTIOXIDANTS ARE STABLE – One study demonstrated that the antioxidant levels of Yaupon tea are not affected by a change in packaging or storage. In comparison, some antioxidants found in green tea have the possibility of being diminished when packaged in a certain way.
- YAUPON GIVES YOU A NATURAL BOOST – Yaupon combines theobromine and natural caffeine. Theobromine gives you a mental boost. And Yaupon’s natural caffeine energizes over a longer period without the fast crash from synthetic caffeine.
- YAUPON REDUCES INFLAMMATION – Rutin in Yaupon reduces inflammation. And Yaupon has almost 4 times the amount of rutin as its cousin plant guayusa.
- YAUPON PROMOTES A GORGEOUS SMILE – Yaupon contains theobromine. It’s also found in chocolate and it makes you feel happy. Studies show it can also be good for your oral health and prevent oral infection.
- YAUPON CAN PROMOTE SMOOTH SKIN – Rutin promotes the production of collagen, a major component in skin. Collagen gives skin strength and flexibility. Healthy levels of collagen keep your skin plump and wrinkle-free.
- YAUPON MAY REDUCE RISK OF INFECTIONS – Antioxidants scavenge pesky free radicals from healthy body cells and reduce or prevent the risk of oxidation damage- preventing diseases and infections along the way.
- MAKE YAUPON A PART OF YOUR DAILY WELLNESS PROGRAM